SWaRM General Forums

Please login or register.

Author Topic: BFGs Latest Game - Darkfire Galaxies  (Read 2582 times)

Warlord

• SWaRM Admin
    • View Profile
BFGs Latest Game - Darkfire Galaxies
« on: March 31, 2013, 05:04:16 PM »
Anyone else tried it?

I played for a couple of days after cj practically signed me up and said play it now! I was expecting something good, as usual disappointed. It got boring after about half hour, but kept playing for longer because cj said give it time, and it gave me something to do while my downloads finished. It was just to repetitive for me, the fact I could spend hours collecting resources to start the next over priced ten minute research project just to have Boris attack and steal half of it without being able to do a thing about it, which was kind of frustrating as there's no way to hide the resources, ships are save unless they are set to orbit your planet, a nice touch but when defenses are so useless there really is nothing you can do to stop being attacked, a shame really as there is at least a little promise for yet another BFG game.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 06:02:37 PM by Warlord »

MattH_BFG

Re: BFGs Latest Game - Darkfire Galaxies
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 09:45:07 PM »
Hi Warlord,

I don't recall seeing you post any feedback on the Darkfire Galaxies forum for us to address so I'm glad I've come across your feedback here. As I hope you were aware at the time you joined, we were still in an early Alpha stage and we're continuing to evolve with each reset. For example, if you joined in the current reset you'd see that Defense are much more powerful, that you have the ability to use ships to steal your opponent and NPC ships, and we have contestable territories (which it sounds like didn't exist when you played) that provide bonuses to your account. We've also introduced a number of loot drops from the NPCs that include resource packs and build speed-ups.

In the next reset, likely to occur next week, we're going to introduce the new blueprint system which will provide a method of unlocking more powerful commanders, elite ships, and potentially other items in the game such as building the NPC ships yourself.

I hope you'll give Darkfire Galaxies another chance and I'd love to see you share your feedback with us on the Darkfire Galaxies forum so that our Game Designer has a chance to see it and respond.

Matt Hirschfelt
Community Manager
Blue Frog Gaming

Warlord

• SWaRM Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 08:17:24 PM »
pretty much everything you mentioned was there when I 'played', so lets go into more detail
- Stealing ships, played many games where various races were available, usually one pure pirate style, stealing is always better than building your own, so score a positive, although does need a lot more refinement
- NPC territories, ooo 3 per system, this could be fun with maximum players in system looking around 15 of the top of my head? o wait NPC comes and takes it back shortly after, regardless of what I do. Nice idea but for a few minor % of an income that is pitiful anyway is hardly worthwhile
- Rebuild your own ships, nice anti n00b idea but not my style, hardly fun smashing someone for the sake of a few resources, I took pleasure knowing I'd stopped them attacking my allies
- Lack of (BFG style) FRS mechanic, spent hours amassing a little bit of res only to lose it all, something that'll kill of 99% of people trying the game.

I could go on and on (I usually do when ranting) but got other stuffs to do.

BFG lost me when SFCO died. If you make another game with decent amount of players like SFCO did then I'll consider playing, until then I'll stick to common gaming.

MattH_BFG

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 08:29:46 PM »
I'm not sure what 'common gaming' is exactly, but I appreciate you providing me with some feedback. I understand many of your points and I hope that you understand that the game is still in Beta and evolving. Our game developer has addressed quite a few of your concerns on our forum and we'll continue making changes moving forward.

For example, his post here addresses territory bonuses and the NPCs attacking them:
2) NPCs either do not attack Rocks once taken OR they attack every 12 or so hours & with only a fleet equal to the Rock's level (I think this should be implemented anyway; every 12 hours or so limits the easy valor & gives low levels a chance to re-take a Rock)
-- We have changed it internally so that NPC's will only attack a Territory about once every 24 hours if another player has not attacked. This will be in the next reset.

3) Increase the Rock's bonus to somewhere also between 10% & 50%, perhaps equal to how much you lower mine production
-- I agree on increasing the production boost. We are also going to try adding additional benefits for holding it such as increases in ship build times, decrease repair times, or even adding additional build/repair tracks. We want the Territories to be highly desired and once you see how this will feed into Alliances.. I think you might like them even more

As for rebuilding ships, there is no longer a 100% chance of ships being salvaged after battle as of the last reset. This, combined with the ability to steal the other sides ships, helps to eliminate your enemy to prevent them from sending immediate retaliatory waves. Further, the ships that are salvaged have a fairly significant repair time before they can be used again.

As for a lack of fleet and resource save mechanic, if you're looking for us just to make Starfleet Commander again, that's not something we're interested in doing. I think Darkfire Galaxies has a lot to offer and we're very open to feedback to make it the best game possible. Unfortunately, if the feedback isn't shared with us in a place where we'd expect to find it (our forum) it makes it difficult for us to address it or incorporate it.

toptado

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 10:55:40 AM »
Matt:

The main problem that BFG is running into now is that they are making way too many versions of the same game. I have not tried Darkfire an will not because of this fact. I am already in SFCO, SFC Ex Uni 1(which is about dead now more than Original), Nova, and SDE and will not join another one. BFG has depleted it player base not only by this newer versions but by players like WarLord who as or Alliance Supreme Commander in Original when I became SWaRM. I am at the point now where I am going o smash my fleets in SFC EX Uni 1 and get rid of my account there and maybe even in SDE also as I do not have time for that many versions. What makes this worse in Ex Uni 1 is I took over as leader there because the Leader thee is wanting to quit we went from about 45 players own to 8 players left in our proud alliance there and I hate to see it die but it looks like BFG just does not give a Damn about its games or the fact that they are killing them fo thee once loyal fan base.

Toptado
AKA Fart-Tado in Nova

Warlord

• SWaRM Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 12:49:18 PM »
Disclaimer
The thoughts and views in the below are that of the writer and by no means the views of SWaRM as a group.

Although I completely agree with Greg (the whole reason I quit SFCO and Nova was lack of actual players to hunt, attacking NPC is not at all fun) I do kind of understand BFGs problem.

If they do restarts on a game like SFC then people just quit anyway, as the game is unfortunately designed to be long haul (stupid long researches with no limits), so people simply refuse to join the newer universes and have to start again having spent two years to get to warp 10 or such. Unlike other similar games that have end points (all research and construction maxed) you reach within a month or two and then have a month of fairly BALANCED fighting, then reset and start over (or people can take a break then come back in a few months).

Which is where SFC died, people who started early in the game inevitably got bored of no new features and went and played farmville or something. Those who try to play now are met with empty universes and so quit due to boredom (as in my case with nova). I long for a Planetarion or Spaceminers for more inactive people, that would bring in the money (Stu|...).

All of which I'm fairly sure has been said over and over on various BFG forums for as long as I can remember.

Disclaimer
The thoughts and views in the below are that of the writer and by no means the views of SWaRM as a group.

Warlord

• SWaRM Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 12:50:33 PM »
I'm not sure what 'common gaming' is exactly,

Common gaming refers to XBOX, PS, PC games that do not run through social networks or browser style formats.

toptado

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 12:41:28 AM »
Sorry about all the mis-spellings as my Lap Top keyboard is not hitting the keys to the screen like they are supposed to.

toptado

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 11:48:17 PM »
Just for clarification: the complaints that I aired are of my own personal views and are not to be attatched to any alliance. I like all of the versions that I play but think that BFG has gone to far with the different versions it has created. I already suggested this to them but as always it fell on def ears, if they wanted different versions they should have stopped at Extreme. They should have had a betta version to test out new ideas, Original, and then Extreme. That way as they test out more ships and other things they can introduce it to they games in place instead of making a new version. This would have keeper both version alive and not depleted them like it has.

victoriyak

• View Profile

victoriyak

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2019, 02:50:13 AM »
audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingultramaficrockultraviolettesting

victoriyak

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2019, 04:36:28 AM »
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
ModernDark64 design by Bloc