SWaRM General Forums

Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Changing face of SFC-O  (Read 860 times)

Tybors Master

• View Profile
The Changing face of SFC-O
« on: June 22, 2016, 04:19:05 PM »
I lef tthis game, having ventureed into other versions.  And finding myself seriously lacking in ability to handle 2 games at one time, and Real Life.

I left SFC-O in about 2013, returning at the end of April 2016.

The mighty Klarg, RoflmaoZerz, and PRAGER all donated resources to give me a kick start to the game.

Klarg however, donated 2 "uber" loads.  Those were so substantial, that I have climbed from a rank of #2,900 something, to now being in the mid #800s.   And have remained in (d) except for about an hour, when Klarg blessed me with 4 moons.

When I came to the game, Warlord Supreme was the High Commander, Steven Turk took over briefly up on Warlord's departure.  I think the mighty Klarg then took over that title.

About a month ago, Klarg asked me if I would be interested in taking over the leadership.  Lots of reasons to say "No", and some to say "Yes".  One of the reasons Klarg gave.....new blood, recruiting needed, and he figured that I would be able to do that.

He has been right, in that our membership has now about doubled, from about 20 to 40.  Many players are like myself..... experienced, had left the game, and have now chosen to return.

Warlord Supreme, Steven Turk, and the might Klarg left giant shoes to fill.  So far, the small stuff like recruiting has gone well.  I hope I can carry on, in the same vein.  Thankfully, Klarg is still here in the game, to obtain council and information from.

Tybors Master

• View Profile
Re: The Changing face of SFC-O
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 04:29:20 PM »
When I came to SFC-O at the end of 2009, there were 100 galaxies, and BFG claimed there were 250,000 players.  They promoted new versions, lured players away, and instead of that 100 galaxies being full of maurading morons (me included), vast empty spaces developed.

BFG generated NPCs....  computer generated players, who provided a challenge and fodder.

Then compression... reducing the galaxies from 100, to 35.

Still, new versions were developed, and players moved on. And I was one.

There are now only about 2900-3000 players. 

Klarg, Alan Rider, Kram O'Kram, Prager, HiTech Tony, BigFrank, and RoflmaoZerz are all still here (sorry if I have forgotten to put a name down.... that is NOT a deliberate action.... it is simply my older brain failing to engage gears properly).

I am looking forward to the game continuing.

TM

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
ModernDark64 design by Bloc